Results are in...

I received my letter from the hospital today, following last weeks' scan and blood tests.
My baby has an estimated individual risk of 1 in 65716.
Very low, and weirdly specific!

Obviously, I am pleased with the results, but it did make me question whether I should have had the test in the first place. I don't feel I would have changed anything because of the result. So was it worth having?

I guess because it was not an intrusive test, I had nothing to lose, but if it came back I needed further testing, would I have risked the (minimal) chance of miscarriage? 
But hindsight is a great thing, if the test results had been different, would I even be having this thought process.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, for every one you leave, a fairy gets her wings!