Reasons to be Cheerful

I'm struggling a lot lately, be it depression, pregnancy, hormones, whatever, I want to call it I guess. I am trying to be kind to myself, but it is always so much easier to blame myself.
But damn it! I will not be beaten, so here are this week's reasons to be cheerful.

Photography
My old camera, a digital compact Canon PowerShot A470, died recently and I was lost without it. I bought a cheap camera as a replacement, but it was never going to be a long relationship. I enjoy photography too much to put up with bad quality images! So this week I (along with my trusty Google) managed to repair it. However, I also used the opportunity of a broken camera to read up on reviews for Digital SLRs. I have wanted one for a while, but couldn't afford or justify it, especially not with a baby on the way. 
And then it happened...

I saw a second hand shop selling three Digital SLR kits within my budget. As with most things I buy, I have my usual go to sites for reviews and tech stuff, I am a blatant out and proud geek. 
I did it. I actually only went and bought it! Eeek! 
Now looking forward to figuring out all the extra features *grins*.

Open University
Registration for Open University courses for October opened. I have registered for a new module, just waiting for confirmation of financial support. I don't need the points, but I do need the experience for the next level. I have also requested places on two short courses in between my current course ending and this one starting. I am not sure I will get either of these as I need financial support, and it seems quite complicated because I am not a new student, but I have applied, so just have to wait and see *crosses fingers*.

Pregnancy Massages
I continue to have pregnancy massages, which are beneficial to me, physically and mentally, and also to baby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, for every one you leave, a fairy gets her wings!