Blogging Every Day in August: Life goals (Day 3)

Sarah at Yummy Mummy In Training has set herself a challenge of blogging every day in August and has listed her prompts. As my blogging is a bit hit and miss at the moment, I will be using her prompts to generate some ideas too.

Today's prompt is: Life goals

This is quite a difficult post for me, because I used to have so many goals in life and achieved quite a few.

However since my breakdown, I've struggled with pretty much everything. Some days my only goal is to still be alive at the end of the day. That may sound like a drastic statement, but depression is a harsh mistress, well actually a complete bitch!

List of current wants / wishes:
  • Continue to raise a happy, healthy kiddo. 
  • Lose weight (family history of illnesses and wanting to be around and healthy for my daughter).
  • Quit smoking again (as above).
  • Be more active (although this is a double edged sword and I need to be careful of over doing it).
  • Finish current O.U. course and pass exam (previously that would have said with distinction or something, but to be honest now a pass is a pass. I'm (slowly) learning that perfection isn't necessary!).
  • Finish my degree.
  • Get back to writing.
  • Return to reading, one of the casualties of my depression is motivation and concentration, so for me, the girl who used have several books on the go at any time, is incredibly frustrating. I have to re-read things several times, but it still doesn't go in.
  • Return to employment (although I don't know when or to do what yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, for every one you leave, a fairy gets her wings!