Blogging Every Day in August: Something new (Day 5)

Sarah at Yummy Mummy In Training has set herself a challenge of blogging every day in August and has listed her prompts. As my blogging is a bit hit and miss at the moment, I will be using her prompts to generate some ideas too.

Today's prompt is: Something new

Something new? Hmmm.
I could write about my new shoes, boots, or dresses.
I could write about what new things I'm hoping to do.
I could write about a new recipe.
I could write about a new blog I've found.
I could write about new places I've discovered.
I could write about new things Kiki can do (and probably will!).

But this something new is a strange one. 
I've blogged before about Self Harm, Dermatillomania (Skin Picking), and Trichotillomania (TTM), I've tried almost every trick in the book for coping. I've read other people's blogs; looked at online support; spoke to Shrinks, counsellors, survivors, sufferers, CPN's, and Therapists. I've drawn lines; poured food colouring; tried stress toys and fiddle things; held ice; used tattoos (real and temporary); tried false nails; the list goes on!

In my Pamper Package blog post I mentioned Spray Tans. As you can probably tell from my Wedding blog post pictures, I had another. I have had tans occasionally in the past (all barring one from a bottle, I'm a redhead so burn!), but this time, I've been conscious of not ruining it. Maybe because I had to go out in public, and couldn't hide. Although to be honest that normally makes me pick more!

I actually found that this has decreased my skin picking, albeit only for a couple of days, but that's something. I cannot remember the last time I went a day without picking. 

I doubt I will be a perma-tan kind of girl, I'm way too low maintenance for that, but it's another useful tool to have in times of major stress. Maybe next time I feel things building up, I'll book myself in for a little pamper. 

Maybe....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, for every one you leave, a fairy gets her wings!