Blogging Every Day in August: Tradition (Day 16)

Sarah at Yummy Mummy In Training has set herself a challenge of blogging every day in August and has listed her prompts. As my blogging is a bit hit and miss at the moment, I will be using her prompts to generate some ideas too.

Today's prompt is: Tradition

Traditions aren't something we do in this house well.

For example, my father died days before Christmas many years ago, so I dislike Christmas. Daddy isn't too bothered about it either. We often just eat a nice meal, usually steak. We tried when I was pregnant to 'do' Christmas, a trial run.

I don't want Little Lady to grow up hating, or even just feeling indifferent, about Christmas, so we will try for her. I'm not sure what traditions we will have. 

Last year I bought new tree ornaments for us that fitted our personalities. I think that it something I would like to continue, Kiki choosing her own as she gets older.

One traditions we had as kiddos that I'd like to do with my daughter is Christmas Eve hampers and choosing one present under the tree each on Christmas Eve.

My mum used to wake us just after midnight on Christmas day morning to open presents. I know she did this so she could sleep in a little longer. Although it felt exciting, I prefer the idea of leaving some presents at foot of the bed and then spacing rest throughout the day.

Birthdays are special in this house. I've had some rubbish birthdays, so I always go the extra mile for others. I like the idea of the birthday girl / boy choosing the place for dinner, but Daddy doesn't like making decisions, so I usually decide!

I like Halloween, I'm a little obsessed with skulls, so it's my favourite holiday. I like to decorate, and when I'm up to it, that means lots of crafting. 

As I mentioned in my A Photo Of Us post, I'm looking in to a family photography session. I'd like it to be something we do often, maybe yearly. Be nice to have them all framed on one wall together.

What traditions do you have? 
Is there a one from your childhood you'd like to continue with your (future) children?
Any you definitely won't be doing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, for every one you leave, a fairy gets her wings!